Tuesday, July 17, 2012

KOWTOW


The word "kowtow" is a verb. It means "to act in an obsequious manner or to show servile deference." It also means "to touch the forehead to the ground while kneeling, as an act of worship, reverence, apology, etc., especially in former Chinese custom." This is according to dictionary.com.


So, what does the word have to to with Shonda Rhimes picture? I'm glad you asked! Not much really. I just read an article about this woman who is one of the most powerful women in American television and the first African American woman to run a hit prime-time drama. Now she runs three, actually, but that's not the point of this post.


The point is, I learned a new word today! Yay me! And yay you!! 


Back in elementary school, when we learned a new word, we had to use it in a sentence. So I think I have to continue the tradition and use the kowtow in a sentence.


Here it goes: Willow Smith does not feel the need to kowtow to her critics.


Don't ask me anything about "obsequious".  If you're feeling generous, feel free to look it up and do the same thing I did with "kowtow" in my comment box. You know you wanna :)


Stay blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment