Thursday, July 19, 2012

Grateful!













I listen to a Christian radio station while I drive to work in the morning and as I was listening, one of the radio show hosts stated there was an accident on the route I normally take to work.  I made a mental note to go on the HOV lane to work instead.  While I was going approximately 70-80 mph, I passed so many cars that looked like they were parked on the highway. It looked like they weren't moving.  After I passed the spot where the accident happened, it still didn't look like traffic had picked up.  I wondered why and noticed there was a stalled car on the road and I counted myself lucky that I was on the HOV lane and would make it to work on time.  I wasn't sure about the other drivers making it on time.


Then a few questions and thoughts crossed my mind:

What if I was the person in the stalled car? Or one of the drivers involved in the accident? I definitely wouldn't make it to work on time.  If I was in an accident, I would also have to worry about the damage to my car and fixing the car.  At that moment, I was grateful to God that my car, though ancient (I love you car, please don't give up on me) worked fine and took me to work safely. 

That's not all.

A friend of mine told me last week she was going to give me some money for referring someone to her business and she told me she would give me some money for referring the person but she ended the sentence with "we will see."  I wasn't expecting any money from her cause I refer people to her and help her out from time to time not expecting anything.  Anyways, today she wrote me a check for $350.  I was super excited as a result of her gesture.  Free money is awesome! I can finally go shopping after what seems like a gazillion years!  I've not been shopping in a while cause I'm trying to pay down my debt and have been on a strict budget.  

Now, what shall I buy? :D


No comments:

Post a Comment