I heard about the shooting at the elementary school in Connecticut during lunch last Friday. I didn't think about it too much because I was busy running around during some things. I just remember feeling sad because it's never a good feeling to hear that someone has died, let alone hear that someone died in the horrible way those young kids and adults died.
When I got home on Friday, I got to really listen to the news and get more details and it was just disheartening for so many reasons. I cannot imagine how the parents of those children that lost their lives must feel. I cannot imagine what it must have felt like to wait and watch as kids came to meet their parents and realize that your child did not come out because his/her life had ended. Most of my thoughts regarding the incident are filled with whys and hows. *sigh*
I don't think words will do much to help the people mourning for their loved ones. I just pray that God helps each and everyone of them in the way they need it. At the end of the day, God knows best and He is the only one who can give peace in the midst of chaos. May He give them peace in the midst of this chaos.
May the souls of those 26 individuals who died rest in peace. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment