"Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sake and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground, neither shall your vine drop its fruit before the time in the field, says the Lord of hosts." Malachi 3:11-12
Yesterday, after I returned from church, I went through my purse to get the $1450 I had withdrawn from the bank this past Saturday for my bills, groceries and gas and couldn't find it anywhere.
I retraced my steps and realized that I never carried the money out of the bank. I just didn't remember holding it in my hands. I also couldn't remember the teller giving the money to me but I wasn't really sure whether she gave it to me or if she gave it to me and I left it on the counter. Lots of very discouraging thoughts ran through my head. What if I left the money on the counter and someone got it and kept it? This Christmas season and times are hard. I wondered if someone had found my money and just carried it away and enjoyed spending it.
Anyways, I decided not to freak out, and I decided to pray about my money. I recited Malachi 3:11 and told God that the lost money looked like devouring to me and that He said if I paid my tithe, He would rebuke the devourer for my sake. I tithe religiously so I told God that I refuse to accept losing that amount of money just like that. I told him I didn't care what happened to the money, I just wanted it back. I prayed that if someone had found my money, that He cause them to be restless and return my money back to the bank. I also prayed that He help me not to think about the money after I prayed about it because I didn't want my negative thoughts to affect my miracle of finding my money.
My plan was to call the bank this morning to check whether someone had turned in the money to them. Thankfully, the bank manager called me this morning before I even settled in at work. I didn't even know it was the bank manager till he asked me my name and told me he was calling from the bank. Of course, I asked him if he was calling about my money. He said yes. Someone found it on the tellers' counter. He said they could not figure out who it belonged to and they had to research their system to figure that out. I'm still not sure how they figured out it was mine because I didn't even have my balance receipt in there. I remember the teller handing my balance receipt to me (which I threw away). Anyways, my money is in my account right now and I am grateful to God. God is faithful.
Happy Monday!!
Woah! God is good. I love what you did. My pastor usually talks about using that verse whenever there is a problem. I need to start applying it in my life.
ReplyDeleteTo answer the question on your last comment on my blog- I use 'PICASA'. Just download it from google :)
Yeah, I'm guilty of forgetting to use bible verses when I pray too but the idea of losing $1450 did not sit well with me so I unleashed everything I had and I thank God I found the money. Thanks for the tip on Picasa. Now, I just need to figure out how to use it. Wish me luck. :)
DeleteGood is indeed awesome. Thank God you got your money back.
ReplyDeleteAlways. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. Much appreciated. :)
DeleteVery interesting testimony out there. You played your own part, by giving your ten percent, God also played his.
ReplyDelete