Thursday, November 1, 2012

Welcome, November.

It feels like these months come and go by so quickly these days. It's November already and before we know it, it'll be January 2013. As today approached, I promised myself that I would complete so many tasks. I didn't. I was a little sad as I remembered that:
  • I didn't complete the student loan consolidation application that I planned on completing so I could eventually get into a loan forgiveness program;
  • I didn't set up an appointment to see my optician to figure out why I see black dots;
  • I didn't crack open the set of books that have been staring at me, begging me to pretend that I care, since June 2012;
  • I didn't complete the employee discount application form with my cell phone service provider to make sure I get the 18% discount offered to employees of the organization I work for. 
This month, I plan to do all of the above and then some. May God help me and my procrastinating ways.

I'm also looking forward to seeing two things this month:

#1 - Black Girls Rock!





Black Girls Rock is a super inspiring award show that will air on BET on Sunday, November 4th. The fabulous fashionista, Tracee Ellis Ross will host with the also fabulous Regina King. Honorees include my Kerry Washington (coincidence? I think not! :)), Dione Warwick, former Essence editor-in-Chief, Susan Taylor, Alicia Keys, Dr. Hawa Abdi (and her daughters), and Janelle Monae. It'll air at 7p/6c. Can't wait!! You can check out some fab photos here.

#2 - Terrence J on E!




Terrence J will start his new gig on E! on November 12. I'm curious to see how he'll do. I'm rooting for him for sure. I think I may have a little crush on T.J. sef. :) By the way, word is Terrence J has bagged another movie role. The movie, Baggage Claim should start filming soon. Very nice.

As always, I'm grateful for my life and the lives of my family members and friends. Last month, I lost one of my dear aunts. It's hard to deal with, especially when I think of her children. I can't imagine what they must be going through. Her older kids are trying to be strong, but the feigned strength is not able to mask their pain. My heart hurt when my cousin said, "The world is coming to an end, we're all going to die some day." Something about the way she said it...*sigh* I can't even imagine how it would feel if it were my mom. The loss has made me appreciate what I still have even more.

Anyways, enough about that. To those of you that will celebrate your birthdays this month, happy birthday in advance. I hope you have a splendid day and new memories to add to your list of awesome memories. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Can you share more details on the forgiveness loan program?

    something about the black girls rock program bothers me.i haven't figured out what yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taynement, I will try to post info. on the loan forgiveness program sometime this week.

      Delete