Monday, November 5, 2012

QUOTE




"I'm from Kansas City, Kansas, the poorest county, Wyandotte County. When I started my musical career, I was a maid. I used to clean houses, my parents - my mother was a proud janitor, my step father who raised me like his very own worked at the post office, and my father was a trash man. They all wore uniforms, and that's why I stand here today in my black and white, and I wear my uniform to honor them. This is a reminder that I have work to do, I have people to uplift, I have people to inspire, and today, I wear my uniform proudly as a COVERGIRL.

I want to be clear, young girls. I didn't have to change who I was to become a COVERGIRL. I didn't have to become perfect because I've learned through my journey, perfection is often the enemy of greatness. Embrace what makes you unique, even if it makes others uncomfortable.


I believe that it's our uniqueness and our unique ideas that make us rock."
-Janelle Monae at the Black Girls Rock award show on BET.

Happy Monday!



Photo Source





4 comments:

  1. Hey girlie, I think you can follow by going to your blogger dashboard, you should see a "reading list" tab and below it, there's an "add" tab, click it and you can go from there. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete