Where did September go?
As usual, I'm glad it's a new month and I am glad I made it to October. This may seem simple and insignificant to some but I am happy I have eyes and I can see. I am grateful I have a job to go to. I'm grateful to God for keeping my family, especially my mom. God blessed me with an incredibly strong mother. I don't know how she does everything she does. I am also thankful for all of you that check out this blog because now, it doesn't feel like I'm talking to myself. :)
This month, I hope God puts a mirror to my face and continues to show me the good and the bad. Then, I hope He gives me a better sense of gratitude to appreciate all of the good, even the seemingly insignificant ones. The strength and wisdom to change the bad that I have the power to change.
Today is Nigeria's independence day. Happy Independence day to my fellow Nigerians!
Nigeria is not always an easy place to love even though my dear country has lots of great attributes. Sometimes I think of Nigeria and it reminds me of that one relative. You know the one - the handsome/beautiful, intelligent, rib-cracking funny relative that lots of people have tagged a dead beat. That relative that gives you amazing advice but can't seem to apply any of the advice to his life. The relative that promises to change his life and who often tells you he just needs to catch a break. You decide to give him that break, but instead of using the money to further something worthwhile, he buys rims for his car. You have faith in him but he tests that faith by pawning your stuff. It hurts. Not because he pawned your stuff. You're hurt because you know what he's capable of. You know if he applied himself, his future would be full of amazing accomplishments. You want to hate him because it seems easier than loving him but you can't. The same blood in his veins flow in yours. He looks just like you. You can't hate him because in some of the darkest moments of your life's past, he reminded you of just what you are made of, gave you a few words of advice, told you a joke that breathed life back into you. Even though he embarasses you a lot of times, you know, deep in your heart, that if God gave you the option of choosing him as a relative again, you would choose him. Over and over again.
May God help Nigeria and may we do our part to help our country however way we can.
To all of those celebrating their birthdays this month, take a moment and appreciate all of the great things in your life. I hope you have even much more to be thankful for, and I hope you have an amazing birthday.

Happy new month dear
ReplyDeletewww.somewhereinmoscow.blogspot.com
Thanks, Ada. I wish you the same and thanks for visiting and commenting!
ReplyDeleteGod help and protect Nigeria from the claws of the mad men who are hell bent on destroying the nation.
ReplyDelete