I read a story that I found quite fascinating.
Take a look at this woman. Do you notice anything unusual about her? Nothing? You are not alone. At first glance she just looks like a normal, kindhearted woman. That's what I thought too till I read a story that changed my perception of her.
This woman right here in now superwoman in my head. Why? I'll tell you why. Deborah Ford worked for the United States post office for over 40 years without ever using a sick day! Yes, you read it right. She will retire on January 31 with a sick leave balance of 4,508 hours.
Of course, as I read her story, I had several questions. Did she ever get sick and if she didn't, how did she avoid getting sick? Did she ever go for a dental appointment? Did she really, really, REALLY love her job? Does she have a life? Yeah, I wondered if she has a life because I know several people (which may or may not include me) that had a day they just had to fake cough and call in sick because they just couldn't go to work.
Nope, not superwoman!
Just like her father, who never used a sick day, she believed in having a strong work ethic. Whenever she'd get sick, she would just shake it off and if she really had to see a doctor, she'd use her vacation time. She doesn't get why people are even fussing about her achievement.
So, did she really love her job, you ask? Nope, not really. She loved the people she worked with and says she'll miss them but she won't exactly miss working at the post office.
Amazing, if you ask me. I don't know if I'd be able to do what she did.
How many of you are willing to break this woman's record?
Source

WOAH! unbelievable. i'm not working but comparing it to school, its like going never missing your class through out your degree.
ReplyDeleteI sure would not be using my vacation time for sick leaves...I guess her colleagues were so important to her.
ReplyDeleteAmazing!
ReplyDeleteNikkisho, yeah, I was really amazed by her accomplishment. She did it for over 40 years and never called in sick? Yeah...
ReplyDeleteLara, I hear you. That thought crept in my head.
TrendySturvs, yup!