Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Forbes' 30 under 30

Forbes recently published a "30 under 30" list on their website. The list is a compilation of "young disruptors, innovators and entrepreneurs" that "are impatient to change the world."

I read the list and came across some familiar names like Wiz Khalifa, Issa Rae, and Carly Cushnie. I also came across some unfamiliar names that I was very happy to see. Probably because of their African heritage. You know, cause I rep Naija/Africa too. :)

Check them out after the cut!








Toyin Odutola, 27, Artist

Nigerian-born Odutola made the list because of her work as an artist. Using ballpoint pens and other drawing utensils, she makes intricate portraits from photographs. She has had a one woman show at the Jack Shainman gallery in New York City, and exhibited in group shows at the Menil Collection in Houston and at the Studio Museum in Harlem. 

You can check out her work on her website.  






Mohamed Ali Niang, 24, Cofounder of Malo

In Mali, 81% of children under 5 are anemic and half of deaths are attributable to malnutrition. Niang and cofounder Salif Romano Niang, 28, are confronting the problem with an innovative rice mill in Segou-in the heart of one of Africa's biggest rice growing regions - that provides fortified rice at a cheaper price than non-fortified rice. 

Inspiring, right?


4 comments:

  1. looking for my name!...how are u dear
    http://somewhereinmoscow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your name will appear soon, Ms. Denco. :) I'm doing well, thanks for asking. How are you? I hope you're enjoying the holidays.

      Delete
  2. These 2 are surely inspiring.

    Happy holidays and hope you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Holidays, 'Lara. I am having fun and getting some much needed rest. I hope you're enjoying the holidays too.

      Delete